Not Just on the Fourth Thursday of November
November 13, 2023
Thanksgiving Day is fast approaching, and this day will be a day to pause and be grateful. As the Psalmist wrote, “From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the Lord's name is to be praised” (Psalm 113:3). Let’s remember during this Thanksgiving season, that He is not only worthy to be praised every day, but also worthy to be thanked every day.
Be thankful in every situation:
- Your body movements slow or fast –Thank God for the activity of your limbs.
- Protection and direction – Thank God for being your Shepherd.
- Big house, small house, or apartment – Thank God for a place of rest.
- Some money in the bank, or no money in the bank – Thank God because your blessing is on the way.
- Limited food or an abundance of food – Thank God for keeping his promise of daily bread.
- Prayer answered or answer delayed – Thank God because has worked - or is working - it out for your good.
- Blessings great or small – He is the giver of them all. THANKSGIVING DAY IS EVERY DAY!
"I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. (Psalm 9:1)
"Oh give thanks to the LORD; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples!" (1 Chronicles 16:8)