A Prayer for 2016
By Reverend Carlyn Houston, Sheila B. Ministries, Inc. | December 31, 2015
A New Year's Prayer: "Be It Resolved"
Behold, the former things have come to pass, And new things I declare; Before they spring forth I tell you of them." Isaiah 42:9
I praise You Holy Father! I thank You for the freshness of this New Year and the hope that it brings. I pray that I will discover your promises in a fresh new way, and follow your perfect plan for my life.
I ask You for the strength, courage, and empowerment to:
Resolve to grow in Christ.
- Seek His face. (Jeremiah 29:13-14)
- Trust God. (Isaiah 40:28-31)
- Obey God. (Matthew 5:19)
Renew my commitment to God.
- Confess my sins and shortcomings. (1 John 1:9) (Acts 1:8)
- Consecrate my life to You through Prayer (Matthew 6:9-13), Fasting (Matthew 6:16-18), Communion. (1 Corinthians 11:23-28)
- Call upon God. (Jeremiah 33:3, 2 Chronicles 7:14-15, Hebrews 4:16)
Remember the faithfulness of God.
- The Love of God. (John 3:16, Romans 8:39, 1 John 4:7-11)
- God created us for His purpose. (Jeremiah 29:11, Ephesians 1:17-19)
- I am never alone. (Zephaniah 3:17, Isaiah 43:2, Hebrews 13:5)
May His blessings of protection, prosperity and peace be upon you in this New Year, In Jesus Mighty Name, Amen.